Probiotics are one of the top five recommended supplements. The word probiotic is derived from the Greek meaning “for life.” Probiotics consist of live, beneficial, healthy bacteria that help us in many ways. This “friendly” bacterium resides in the intestinal tract and contributes to your health by improving nutrition and protecting against disease.
Antibacterial soaps, washes and wipes, impure water, processed foods, stress, chronic dehydration, oral contraceptives, mercury amalgams, total toxic load and nutrient-deficient diets disrupt healthy flora. Stress upsets the delicate balance of the intestinal flora and causes imbalances of friendly bacteria which can lead to Candida, autoimmune and inflammatory diseases
A low or insufficient population of good bacteria can produce serious health problems, plus lead to an inability to absorb nutrients, cause Candida, gas, diarrhea and/or constipation, allergies, and skin conditions.
- Enhanced intestinal health and improve digestion
- Promotes regular bowel function
- Restores flora and lessens side effects after a course of antibiotics. Antibiotics disrupt the normal bacteria of the gut and cause behavioral changes such as depression and anxiety. Antibiotics deplete your body of essential nutrients.
- Helpful in the reduction inflammation
- Can have an integral role in normalizing and decreasing serum cholesterol and triglycerides
- Fights infectious diseases
- Helps prevent production and absorption of toxins produced by disease-causing bacteria which reduces the toxic load of liver
- Improves nutrient absorption
- Prevents against vaginal and urinary tract infections
- Boosts immune function- 70% of your immune system is located in your gut. If your gut is overloaded with bad bacteria, there is a good chance your immune system is not functioning optimally. Bacteria residing in the gut influences brain chemistry and behavior.
- Protects against invasion of pathogenic viruses, yeasts, Candida, parasites and bacteria
- Reduces of hospital infections after surgery
- Supports healthy skin (eczema, psoriasis and rashes)
- Addresses gastrointestinal syndromes (helpful for diarrhea, constipation, gas, bloating, IBS, leaky gut)
- Produces digestive enzymes and B-vitamins, including B-12
- May reduce incidence of lifelong allergies, asthma and atopic eczema when taken during pregnancy and after birth
- May decrease production of intestinal carcinogens
- Taken during the first trimester of pregnancy will help women lose weight after their child’s birth
- Improves enzymatic activity
- According to new research reported in the journal Gut Pathogens, supplementing with probiotics may reduce symptoms of anxiety, and helpful for stress and autoimmune diseases.
- Protects against cancer development and progression (e Pylori).